Naturally good-looking with an amazingly sensitive feel, Sensa Green embroidery thread was developed with our earth always in mind.
- Made from 100 % TENCELTM Lyocell fibres
- Available in 144 colours, including an overdye version
- A unique look and long-lasting softness
- Production that is energy-saving and reuses resources
- Botanic origin—derived from trees grown in sustainably managed forests
- Suitable for designs digitised for 40 weight threads
- Certified with STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®, Annex 6, product class I
- A completely new embroidery experience in premium quality
- Fully recyclable for more sustainability in the textile industry
Find inspiration for your next embroidery
with these unique threads
made from 100 % TENCEL™ Lyocell fibres
and get a glimpse of the 144 colours.
When we talk about the environment, we often refer to the butterfly effect: how even little changes can make a big difference. Sensa Green is one of those little things with significance – a state-of-the-art embroidery thread.
1. The main ingredient in Sensa Green comes from sustainably managed forests. The trees are grown on non-agricultural soil, are watered by the rain and do not require pesticides, fungicides or herbicides. And they are tall, offering more raw material over the same surface when compared to other plantations, like cotton. In this way, the land is used most efficiently and consciously.
2. In order to extract cellulose, the raw materials are turned into woodchips. The non-cellulosic components are then saved to create other products. Nothing is wasted.
3. A further transformation turns the cellulose into a pulp from which the biodegradable Lyocell fibres are derived – the same material (wood pulp) is usually required for producing paper.
4. The TENCEL™ Lyocell is manufactured by Lenzing, using resource-saving and eco-friendly processes that have received the European Business Award for the Environment. The revolutionary closed-loop technology reuses the water and more than 99 % of the organic solvent, and generates close to zero emissions.
5. These fibres are transported short distances and arrive to Madeira's factory in Germany, where many expert threads are made. Here, they get their silk matte colours and finish to become Sensa Green.
6. What emerges: a sensationally soft embroidery thread sure to please your senses. Its incredible performance on industrial machines ensures high quality with a low ecological impact. Not to mention that substances of animal origin are avoided from beginning to end.
Sensa Green makes every stitch matter and feel amazing!
We support the conscious way, so we have certified Sensa Green with Annex 6.
Madeira Green products conform to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® which guarantees their safety for humans. Because they are carefully produced and safe even for babies and toddlers they are certified with the product class I.
But why also Annex 6? For the earth.
This optional addition was developed mainly for companies that are particularly focused on the Detox Campaign. This campaign aims to improve environmental performance during production across the textile industry. In comparison with the regular Annex 4, it includes expanded criteria which tighten the limit values for various substances. This planet is our home and together we can take better care of it. That's why we're in: to make this possible.